Looking over my notes and Tweets from #Li2011. Here are some brief thoughts I wanted to share.
- I want to encourage you to take a team of people with you to help your church. You will find something your Church can use. I know that have somethings that I will be talking to both my churches about. One of those things will be to commit at least 3 people from each church to come next year.
- “God specializes ins resurrecting dead things.” I have counted at least 3 places that i have scribbled that on my notes and i think it is something that we need to keep in mind. How can God resurrect your congregation.
- What is your personal mission? What is your professional mission? Both something to think about.
- Leaders honestly face shortcomings and pursue excellence.
- Meaningful, moving, Well led worship is a must.
- Enjoyed spending time with Brett.
- Enjoyed the visit i made to Cross-Lines Community Outreach. They are doing good things Check them out. http://www.cross-lines.org/
Here are some tweets that I enjoyed at #Li2011
- from me: Nothing rocks forever. Hybels
- from MichaelCAndres: hybels 5 deathbed leadership musts: vision, get people engaged, memorable worship, pace yourself, pay attention to whispers from God
- From revdsky: Hybels: Pace yourself for the long haul. (1 Cor 9.25)
- from me: Celebrate the small victories and refill the vision bucket.
- from me: Don’t beat the sheep. BH
- from Rev_Melanie “Vision is a picture of the future that produces passion in people.” B. Hybels
- from ashleealley: Adam Hamilton “The role of a leader is to reproduce a new generation of leaders, not to lead until you die.”
- from ssherfey:
#li2011 change, innovate, improve or die
- from me:
#LI2011 don’t adopt anything you learn here but adapt what you learn. Sitting in church governance workshop.
- from amylippoldt:
#li2011 Adam Hamilton converted by reading the Book of Discipline. And J Wesley’s heart is strangely warmed even in the grave.
- from steveheyduck: God specializes in resurrecting dead things.
- from me: Good question: Why is your church special?
I had a great time, i enjoyed all the workshops and the conversations that were before me on my trip to Kansas City. It was a lot to take in and still soaking it all in. I will be looking to take a team next year to help the Churches i serve learn something new. Thanks COR for being a good host.